Monday, January 9, 2012

Preface (This should be the first post!)

...I have a dream, a song to sing
   To help me cope with anything
   If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
   You can take the future even if you fail...

What is your dream? Really, I don't have. I recall that when I was in primary school no one ever asked me what is my dream. Well, it could be that no one ever asked about it, or I simply don't remember of it. Hehehehe..

So, here I am. A girl with nothing to dream about.

I am living with my parent's wish. When they think the A school is best for me, they signed me in. Required to work as a secretary, well here I am. And so on. Maybe, if they want me to became an immigrant workers, I will have no comment and do what they want. Heheheheh..

So, am I happy having no dream in my life? At some particular time, yes! It's an easy life. Until GOD sent me Deniz. Awareness of the responsibilities of parenthood wake me up in a desire to become a better person for my son. Yes, dream is not about something that we wanted in life. Dream is a purpose in life! This is what distinguishes human beings from one another.

When I realized, I feel so stupid. Then, I suddenly wanted to have a dream(s). Maybe it is not a noble dream that could make other people's live become much better. I started with the smallest but most important in my live. Being a good mother for Deniz. Deniz deserves the best of me.

I am so happy! Finally, I have a dream.

But guess what? Apparently, I'm like Samson without his "under arm hair", like Mr. Stark without his Ironman outfits. My mind keep asking me, how can I be a good mother? I have lack of knowledge of it. I feel it was already too late if I have to follow a series of parenting seminars or read books about parenting. Not to mention about children's health and other things about raising a child. Ooppsss, I should have learn about all of those things before Deniz was born. I panicked! Aaaaaaarghhh..

Someone say, learning by doing. So, why not? In the high level of panick attack, I build a strong passion and desire to learn these new things. I started read many books, literatures, and articles from various media (in a speed that I myself can not imagine). Sometimes I attended parenting seminars too. Although I was drunk with this parenting learning by doing, I keep on continue for the sake of Deniz.

Having those complicated journey, read so much from many sources makes me wanted to share my knowledge in this blog. I wish and hope that this blog can be a good source for the new parents who have no had time to learn of parenting but want to give the best for their children. (wow, it sounds heavy). Of course, this blog is written based on my knowledge level which may be not enough for you. Therefore, it is valuable if you can give me some critics, inputs, or simply drop an e-mail to share your stories or knowledge.

I am living my dream, hope you too!

No comments: