Friday, January 20, 2012

Recipe #6: Wonderful Petolle

Allergy Free Recipe for Kids

I watched Junior Masterchef Australia. One of my favorite cook is Sophia. She is a genius cook who impressed me so much. In a young age she has created a variety of exceptional dishes. One of her lovely dishes is Petolle Filled with Creme Patisserie and Blueberries and Honey.

This recipe is totally one of my favorites. There is something about the combination of petolle and creme patteserie that I love. I often have one when baked it for Deniz.

I have modified the original petolle recipe which I adjust to the needs of Deniz; an allergy free food. I also change the cooking method. I prefer to bake than fry it for a healthy dish. But in fact, fried petolle is better! Heheheh..



Ingredient:
Creme Patisserie
150 ml lactose free milk
1/2 vanilla bean
1/4 cup caster sugar
15 gr corn starch
Apple & Pear Pettole
1 apple, core removed and grated
1 pear, core removed and grated
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 vanilla bean
pinch of salt
2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 tbs gluten free baking powder
1 tbs honey
1 tbs water (optional)

How to make:
1. For creme patisserie; add vanilla bean, caster sugar and corn starch into a medium saucepan, place over a low heat. Pour the milk slowly and whisk to combine until mixture thickens and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from heat and pour into bowl. Cover closely with cling film to prevent a skin forming and refrigerate until cool.
3. Preheat oven to 180c.
4. For pettole; combine apple and pear in a bowl. Add sugar, vanilla bean, salt, baking powder and honey. Mix well. Gradually add sifted flour and stir until mixture forms a wet dough.
5. Pour the wet dough into foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Cool completely.
6. To serve, arrange petolle onto a serving plate. Top with creme patisserie and drizzle with honey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello denizkingoftheday.blogspot.com owner found your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com